Real Player workaround with Identification?

  • From: "TheWomble" <gary.varnam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:27:08 -0600

I seen various discussion on the board regarding Realplayer One.

A few of you have been in the position I am in, that I cannot allow
un-authentication connections to the internet either using proxy or
firewall client.

Part of my user base are Pupils in Schools which must have content filter
/ web site filtering based on username. So turning off authentication is
not an option. I have got it working by turning this off.

What I am interested in what solutions you have used in my situation where
you need authentification enabled and you need to allow real player/quick
time content from the internet.

Any comments welcome.