RE: RPC over HTTPS (ISA & Outlook)

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:29:53 -0800

..because they get new DNS server information from the connection they
use outside of your network and those DNS servers can discover your DNS
servers through the preexisting DNS structure that has served the
Internet since it was ARPANet.

That's what I was talking about with "create a proper DNS structure".
If you want your Internet-enabled folks to reach your Exch server, then
make it resolvable externally.
If you want your internal folks to reach it, use the same technique
internally.

This is the basis behind the split-DNS idea.  Two separate DNS servers
offering two different "views" on the same DNS domain.

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org