RPC over HTTP Client Host Entries

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:05:47 -0500

Hi,

In Tom's notes it mentions you need to add the following entries to your
clients host file:

192.168.1.70            owa.msfirewall.org
192.168.1.70            exchange2003be.msfirewall.org

The IP's he is using are the IP addresses on his ISA External NIC. My
question is if I am using say a Router to connect to the net which has a
static IP assigned to it, and all the traffic is being forwarded to ISA
from this router, do I use the internet IP or do I use the external LAN
IP address on ISA?

Toms example of 192.xxx.xxx.xxx is a LAN class IP so it can be
confusing. ;)

Thanks
Andrew