RPC Server is unavailable

  • From: "Don McCall" <DMcCall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List] \(E-mail\)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:57:49 +1000

Oh what a day!!!

I have found that I am unable to use the ISA MMC console (from another
PC) for the ISA server (Fresh install of 2004 on a 2003 standard box)...
When I attempt to do a connection it says that the "RPC Server is
unavailable"... However when I go into services on the ISA it shows the
service as started however I am unable to start or stop this service as
all options are greyed out. I am able to use the management console from
another PC to veiw all eventlogs and system info etc. I have an error
during start up when veiwed in the event logs says that it was unable to
start an RPC session with the authenticating domain controller (see
below)???
Eventlog error message  "Netlogon 5783"
The session setup to the Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller
\\bcs-dc3.int.bcs.org.au for the domain AUST is not responsive.  The
current RPC call from Netlogon on \\BCS-ISA01 to
\\bcs-dc3.int.bcs.org.au has been cancelled.

Anyone got any ideas??? I believe that this issue probably is causing my
"remote Admin" to go belly up too!!! I am able to connect to the AD???

Regards

Don McCall
Infrastructure Manager
Baptist Community Services
Phone 02 9023 2602
Email dmccall@xxxxxxxxxx
Fax 02 9889 1520

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of
Baptist Community Services. 2