RE: RES: SMTP Message Screener

  • From: "Alexander Rayborn" <alexander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 07:19:09 -0600

You may be hitting that message screener bug I posted a few weeks ago - the
message screener completely ignores any message coming into the system if it is
sent from an outside Exchange/Outlook client.  So don't tear your hair out on
this one too much - it's a bug, and we reported it to Microsoft support but
have heard nothing.  Try sending a message from a standard POP3 client or
whatever... hotmail, for instance.  You'll see that it meets the rules of the
screener and is successfully deleted.  However, send the same email from an
outside Exchange/Outlook setup and the message will get through.

--Alexander