RE: RES: Re: Firewall client authentication

  • From: "Musser, Dale" <musser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:04:24 -0400

The reason why a small business backoffice server costs so little compared to
the normal backoffice server is that it is limited by 2 main factors.
1 - max 50 users licenses.
2 - it is the only server allowed on the domain.  It will not work with other
domains. The product is designed to be the only server on a network for small
companies.  It will work with non-Microsoft servers but that is it.  That is a
the whole reason why Microsoft crams all that software on one server instead of
different servers for each product like a sql server, exchange server , isa
server , etc...  you see what I mean.
Don't get me wrong it is a real nice product for small companies.

Dale