RE: RES: RE: RES: OT: Active Directory Backup

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:43:23 -0700

Multiple DC does not protect against:
1. Admin mistakes. It gets replicated.
2. Directory corruption. It gets replicated.
3. Newly installed program metabase changes. It gets replicated.
4. Etc. It gets replicated.

There is a big difference between redundancy and backup. They two entirely
different processes for entirely different reasons, but do have some similar
purposes.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You