RE : Re: VMWARE

  • From: Gérard Dumazet <gdumazet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 19:03:45 +0200

Was working until recently with a motherboard jetboard 866As ultra with
3 x 512 DDR. Working fine excepted that ram was a little bit short
specially for the lab of tom regarding L2TP and IPsec which was
published recently on ISASERVER.ORG. (I am using VMWARE since nearly
three years).

So I decided to upgrade

1 - my VMWARE is version 3.0.0.14
2 - start vmware        then NEW virtual machine and so on
        i use msdn universal's cd regarding 2k servers + sp2
        everything seems fine then suddenly but not always there is a
message         from XP to inform of a fatal error regarding VMWARE and
asking if we    want to send the report to ms
        we loose the virtual machine

        sometimes XP reboots without any reason

3 - the host has 2 Go DDR ram

point is that the box has been tested with high charge without VMWARE
and working fine with a debit on disks of 40 mo/s

I tested other cards before without success especially a nice
motherboard from MSI which never supported my RAM , only 2 x 500 Mo.

So I ask only upon a config which works with at least 2 giga ddr and
vmware !!!!!

Thanks for your interest

gd