[isalist] Re: RCP over HTTP Assistance needed

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:49:53 -0700

Please give me the contact information of the person on the Exchange team
who told you this - you really need to provide us with this information, as
it is *wrong*.  A case number would be best.

If making the exchange server a DC with NTDS settings as a GC "fixed" the
problem, then you had other issues.

The steps to set up RPC over HTTP via ISA are already documented.  The
reason you have not/ will not find any documentation regarding a single
Exchange server requiring it to be a DC/GC is because it *doesn't* require
it.  More likely is that your ISA config (or other internal infrastructure
configuration) didn't allow the client/exchange to authenticate to a DC or
to retrieve GC information - that bit would be obviated if you chose to make
it a DC with GC.

Microsoft should not be solving authentication/AD infrastructure issues by
making the Exchange box a DC with GC, so it is critical that you provide the
contact information/case number so that people here who work with/for
Microsoft can ensure that customers are getting the correct information.

Standing by...

On 6/23/06 11:04 AM, "Tom Rogers" <trogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to
all: