Questions on new install of ISA onto existing network

  • From: "Marvin Cummings" <marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:15:55 -0400

I'm considering installing ISA onto my home network for the sake of learning
it and managing my network at the same time. I need to know if there is
anything I will need to get rid of, or any drastic changes I'll need to make
to my existing setup before installing this server? My existing setup
consists of the following:
ADSL w/Linksys Router and 12 port hub
TZO Client w/Dynamic DNS service
1 w2k DC hosting AD, dhcp, dns, wins
1 w2k exchange server - published and accepting email from internet
1 w2k web server running apache instead of IIS - published with under
construction page
1 Linux server - not yet published

My concern is whether I'll need to make any major modifications to any of
this before I get started. I've read all of the articles listed on the
ISA.org site that relate to installing and configuring ISA and none mention
anything to this effect, so I'm seeking a hands on - real worl opinion from
the list.

Any response is appreciated