RE: Question about web publishing

  • From: "Paul Nuernberger" <pen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:09:00 -0600

Question about web publishingChris,

Yes, you can pass to different websites &/or servers based upon host
headers - using Web Publishing.

It is usually better to install ISA in 'integrated' mode (cache & firewall).
You can turn off the cache totally or selectively based upon how you set up
destination sets, routing rules, etc..  You can also set up reverse caching.

Servers NEVER have the firewall client installed - period.  They should be
set up as secure NAT clients with the internal NIC listed as their DGW.

I am doing the same thing at home and all is working well (although I am
still messing with some VPN issues).

Paul Nuernberger
Manager
BARON Computers, Inc.