Question about web publishing

  • From: "Chris Patterson" <cpatterson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAserver. org Discussion List (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 17:00:07 -0500

I currently use a broadband connection at my home.  Since my company is
so small, I am actually forced to use this as my test network as well.
With this connection, I have a single static IP Address.

Is it possible to have ISA redirect different web sites to different
machines based on host header?  Since they will all be coming in on the
same IP address, I need to know if I can have a different site go to a
different machine.

And do I have to have the Web Proxy service installed to do this?  Do I
have to make the machines Firewall Clients?  I am going to be switching
my current firewall to ISA to mimic the setup I have at work, and I want
to be able to separate some of my web sites that I use for testing for
resource reasons.

Chris Patterson
Network Administrator
Axiom Systems
Http://Www.AxiomSys.Com
The Truth Is Out There. Go Find It. Http://Www.2600.Com