Question about laptop user configuration

  • From: <tim.altena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 17:20:04 -0500

We are looking at replacing or supplementing our current Sonicwall with
an ISA server.  One of the big pluses for our organization will be to
control internet access on a user level basis.

With that said I am curious about the best configuration for laptop
users that may or may not be on our network and have the ISA server
available to them.  In the real world what is the best practice for
them, should they be
Firewall Clients or Web Proxy clients.  Because of our authentication
requirements Secure NAT is not really a good option.  Although I realize
that in any configuration there is probably a little Secure NAT thrown
in for certain clients.

How does the firewall client software handle being removed from the
corporate LAN and put on a remote network.  Will it fail over to work as
if the client software was not installed?

Thanks for you advice,
Tim