RE: Question about GFIWebmon 3

  • From: "John T \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 23:02:27 -0800

I use GFI WebMonitor (well not me, my client) for what it was intended for,
to replace GFI Download security for the purpose of checking content that
users are accessing for viruses and other malicousness such as banned files.
(Users really hated it when I added blocking of movie files. HE HE!)

For site and content policy enforcement and reports I use Burstek. While I
do have my complaints about it, the product has gotten better over the last
year.

The only time I review WebMonitor for sites accessed is when troubleshooting
user access issues, as some sites I end up having to exempt from scanning by
Webmonitor.

Hope that helps.

John T
eServices For You