Question >> Renaming an ISA Server

  • From: "Carlos Mauricio Perez Cortes" <mauriciop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List] (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:45:25 -0500

Hello Friends,

Is it possible to rename a machine with ISA Server ?? Currently the
machine is not an Active Directory domain controller. It's just a member
server of a Windows 2000 domain. I have heard this is not possible and
I'd have to reinstall ISA Server again. Is that true??
I also know about a script tool to export and import ISA configuration
to another server. I'd like to know if that script can import all policy
elements (client address sets, destination sets, etc..), protocol rules,
packet filters and network configuration (LAT, LDT, etc..)

Thanks for your help

CARLOS MAURICIO PEREZ C.
s:  mauriciop@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.solosoft.com <http://www.solosoft.com/>