[isalist] Re: Putting ISA2k4 infornt of SBS

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 07:51:42 -0400

SBS is just a collection of servers residing on one box. It doesn't
freak out any more than any other box. A DMZ is possible and you can
install as many NICs as you wish into the SBS box. (see the blog)
However, the connect to the internet wizard is only aware of 2 NICs. If
you want to use that wizard and you have more than 2 NICs installed
disable the additional NICs, run the wizard and then enable them. Your
suggestion of putting an ISA server in front of the SBS box is a good
one but keep in mind that you'll have to purchase the licenses for it.
The SBS license doesn't allow you to split off anything. Because of the
cost of doing this most small businesses don't host their own website.
Hosting is so inexpensive these days it's hardly worth hosting your own
site.

Amy Babinchak

Harbor Computer Services
(248) 546-6056 office