RE: Put ISA cache listen on port 80

  • From: Alvarado Jesus <Jalvarado@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 12:59:17 -0500

Change the listen port in ISA manager
IN ISA MANAGER
under servers and array
rt click on your server and check the
outgoing web request change there

-----Original Message-----
From: Morvan Daniel Muller [mailto:morvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 12:56 PM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] Put ISA cache listen on port 80

http://www.ISAserver.org

Hello!

I have problems with programs (like bank) that try to comunicate
trough port 80 and don't have option to configure proxy.

Today on ISA, I'm rejecting conections on port 80 by "Http Redirector" to
force internal clients to use the cache server, and so this programs using
port 80 don't work.

I want to put my "IsaServer cache service" to listen on port 80
and disable the "Http Redirector".
In this way internal SNAT clients don't need to configure
it browsers to use proxy and automatically using ISA's cache. This solution
act like a transparent proxy but without forward ports.

SomeOne know problems in this solution?

Morvan.