Publishing through ISA on a dial-up connection?

  • From: "Bill Kuhn - MCSE" <bkuhn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:04:01 -0600

It there a way to publish an internal server through ISA when the ISA
server connects to the internet via a dial-up (non-static IP)
connection?

I had done this in Proxy 2.0, but best I can tell on ISA I need to
specify the external IP address of the server in order to publish - in
this case the external IP is dynamic..

It sucks even considering such a thing, but where my home office is out
here in the armpit of the middle-of-nowhere, KS, I have no other
connectivity options. I'd like to be able to access some of my internal
servers from the internet for test applications (my public site is
hosted elsewhere).

I periodically send my ISA's external address in an HTML file to another
site so I can find my ISA's IP address when I'm on the road - I just
can't get to my internal servers.