[isalist] Re: Publishing server,

  • From: "Ruba Al-Omari" <romari@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:10:25 +0300

I am using server publishing rule, I defined a protocole that has all the
three ports, and set teh server pubilshing rule then set an allow access
rule for the traffic to go out.

Is there another way I can do it so that users behind a firewall do not see
the non standard ports? the oracle portal it self needs these three ports
and do not allow teh authentication without these ports. did any body
publish an oracle portal other wise?

Thanks,
Ruba

 ------------------------------
*From:*
isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<https://webmail.dah.edu.sa/OWA/redir.aspx?C=cf42bca3df614bb2becd2d9d780ec303&URL=mailto%3aisalist-bounce%40freelists.org>[
isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<https://webmail.dah.edu.sa/OWA/redir.aspx?C=cf42bca3df614bb2becd2d9d780ec303&URL=mailto%3aisalist-bounce%40freelists.org>]
On Behalf Of Stefaan Pouseele
[stefaan.pouseele@xxxxxxxxx<https://webmail.dah.edu.sa/OWA/redir.aspx?C=cf42bca3df614bb2becd2d9d780ec303&URL=mailto%3astefaan.pouseele%40skynet.be>
]
*Sent:* Saturday, April 19, 2008 2:10 PM
*To:*
isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<https://webmail.dah.edu.sa/OWA/redir.aspx?C=cf42bca3df614bb2becd2d9d780ec303&URL=mailto%3aisalist%40freelists.org>

Hi Ruba,

check out
http://www.isaserver.org/articles/2004tunnelportrange.html<https://webmail.dah.edu.sa/OWA/redir.aspx?C=cf42bca3df614bb2becd2d9d780ec303&URL=https%3a%2f%2fwebmail.dah.edu.sa%2fOWA%2fredir.aspx%3fC%3dcf42bca3df614bb2becd2d9d780ec303%26URL%3dhttp%253a%252f%252fwww.isaserver.org%252farticles%252f2004tunnelportrange.html>.

HTH,

Stefaan

*From:*
isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<https://webmail.dah.edu.sa/OWA/redir.aspx?C=cf42bca3df614bb2becd2d9d780ec303&URL=mailto%3aisalist-bounce%40freelists.org>[mailto:
isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<https://webmail.dah.edu.sa/OWA/redir.aspx?C=cf42bca3df614bb2becd2d9d780ec303&URL=mailto%3aisalist-bounce%40freelists.org>]
*On Behalf Of *Ruba Al-Omari
*Sent:* zaterdag 19 april 2008 12:54
*To:*
isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<https://webmail.dah.edu.sa/OWA/redir.aspx?C=cf42bca3df614bb2becd2d9d780ec303&URL=mailto%3aisalist%40freelists.org>
*Subject:* [isalist] Publishing server,

Ok thanks for letting me know this list is alive, now I need you to help me,
I published this server oracle portal, it consists of 2 parts, one is called
mtier and one is infra, the mtier has 2 servers webcache port 6789 and http
server 443(apache) and the infra has one http server 8541(apache), all over
https, the main login page is 443, now the users on DSL and dial up are
working fine and can get into portal and access their data.

users behind a firewall gets the error : Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The
specified Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) port is not allowed. ISA Server is not
configured to allow SSL requests from this port. Most Web browsers use port
443 for SSL requests. (12204)

even though the first page is on port 443 it calculates another link that
involves negotiation with teh webcache and the infra over the other ports
and the user gets this error

How can I work around this?

bridging will not do me any good I think, as I am using a server publishing
rule not webserver publishing rule.

Thanks for any help,