RE: Publishing another SMTP Server through ISA

  • From: "Marvin Cummings" <marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 19:13:58 -0400

Hmmm...this is exactly what I'm looking to do. I have the same setup
except the SMTP, or exchange, server isn't in a DMZ nor is the web
server running the SMTP service. Instead it sits in its own Workgroup.

My understanding was that the Smarthost needed to be the internal mail
server. Am I right in guessing that since the ISA server is acting as an
SMTP relay server, it therefore should be used as the smarthost?

I also now have a protocol rule for this server allowing outbound access
on port 25.

SMTPCred was configured to point to the ISA server from the web server
but I'm not able to connect to the ISA server.

Hmph!