RE: Publishing TS RDP TCP 3389

  • From: Thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:06:04 -0700

You must verify that terminal services are stopped on the ISA box itself
first. If the 3389 is listening on the terminal server, then you will not be
able to publish to an internal terminal server w/o changing the default
listen port on the ISA box to something other than 3389 (no matter how many
external ip addresses you have).  Of course, you could change the default
listen port of the internal box and make a custom protocol definition and
publish that, but the easiest thing to do is disable terminal services on
the ISA box.

Article Q187623 explains how to change the default listen port for terminal
services if you indeed want them running on the ISA box while still
publishing ts internally.