Publishing Question

  • From: Paul Crisp <PCrisp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 09:45:30 +0100

At present I am using Server publishing to publish multiple websites to an
IIS server behind the ISA server. The reason for this is that we need to be
able to find out the external IP address and so this is the way we set it
up.

My question is now, is it possible to also use Web publishing for a single
site. Example below

www.domain1.com <http://www.domain1.com>        195.157.??.01
www.domain2.com <http://www.domain2.com>        195.157.??.01
www.domain3.com <http://www.domain3.com>        195.157.??.01

Domain1 will be web published to internal linux web server 192.168.0.1
Domain2 & 3 will be server published to internal windows web server
192.168.0.2

Obviously the server publishing passes any request on port 80 to the
relevant internal web server and the internal web server uses the header
information to display the correct website. Will web publishing break this
or will the ISA server just sort it all out.

Any help appreciated

Paul Crisp
Snr Network Support Analyst