Publishing OWA through ISA

  • From: "Bailey, Matthew" <MBailey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 07:38:51 -0700

I am a little confused by KB Article 290113.

My configuration is the following:  I have a firewall that is NAT'ing an
external ip address (63.x.x.x) to an internal IP address (192.x.x.x).
The internal IP address is bound to the external NIC on ISA in my DMZ.
I have followed the instructions in KB 290113.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];290113

Where I am a little hazy is step 2c.  It is asking for a "URL the
External Web Clients use to address OWA".  In this case, I am testing a
"proof of concept" so when I do my actual cutover I can do it realitvely
quickly.  I don't have a URL to actually test with but there is an
option to enter an IP address on the screen.  Would I enter the 63.x.x.x
address or the 192.x.x.x address since it is NAT'ed through a firewall?

Any help is appreciated.

- Matt

Matthew Bailey
LAN Engineer