Publishing OWA behind ISA in Internal Net problem

  • From: EdoLho <edolho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAserver. org Discussion List (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:26:22 +0700

Dear All,

I'm just a newbie in this list and try to seek answer and help to my
problem.

I have requirement from my user to access exchange (OWA) in internal Network
via ISA server from internet, I recently use ISA server for proxying
outgoing web access and  I also want to be able to cache incoming request
(reverse caching).

I have the following items :
1. 1 Firewall heading the Internet which having 3 NIC (external, DMZ,
internal)
2. 1 ISA server installed on cache mode have 1 NIC, which sitting in
internal network (Internal_IP_Of_ISA) and has its IP NATed by firewall to
have public IP (External_IP_Of_ISA)
3. 1 Exchange server sitting on internal network (same IP segment with ISA
server), its default gateway is following the same gateway with any server
in same segment

I configure my ISA server as follow :
- My ISA server is joining my Windows Domain
- I set Incoming Web Request to authenticate every user when connected,
using Integrated mode
- I follow Shinder Section to publish OWA as follow :

* Create destination set called OWA, consist of
(Internal_IP_Of_ISA/exchange/*, Internal_IP_Of_ISA/exchweb/*,
Internal_IP_Of_ISA/public/*), my opinion to use internal IP is the
connection that reached the ISA server already translated by firewall to
search the translation of External_IP_Of_ISA, am I right ????
* Create a publishing rule called AccessOWA, as follow :
Destination : Selected destination set, I select OWA
Action : redirect to Exchange server IP
Bridging : (left as default)
Applies To : any request

Then I try to access it using I.E 501 or 5.5 to
http://External_IP_Of_ISA/exchange/ , I got following error :
HTTP 407 Proxy Authentication Required - The ISA Server requires
authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service is
denied. (12209)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server
Background:
The gateway could not retrieve the requested page.
ISA Server: MYLOVELYISA
Via:
I suspected it caused by translation of  Public/Private IP , then I try to
access it from internal network using http://Internal_IP_Of_ISA/exchange/ ,
which is exactly match with what I put on destination set, but the result is
same as before.

Please Gurus shed a light on me to solve this problem, any advice will
greatly appreciated

Best regards,
Edo