[isalist] Publishing IMAPS

  • From: "Rob Moore" <RMoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 15:43:06 -0400

One of my users has bought an iPhone and wants to use it with the
built-in mail client. According to some documentation we found, we need
to allow access to the Exchange server on IMAPS port 993. Logging on my
ISA 2006 (Standard) server says traffic is being allowed to pass (I set
up a rule to allow it). But then errors on the Exchange server seem to
indicate we need another certificate to allow the connection to work
correctly. Does that cert need to be on the ISA server or the Exchange
server?

Can anyone please point me to some direction for how to correctly
publish IMAPS protocol through an ISA 2006 server? I looked around on
the ISAServer.org site and didn't see anything.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Moore
Network Manager