Publishing Exchange through ISA on a complex network,

  • From: "Ruba Al Omari, Eng." <romari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 11:07:19 +0300

Hi,

Is there a way to publish exchange through ISA if exchange is on a
different subnet?  I read Jim's article about designing ISA in a complex
network
http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Designing_An_ISA_Server_Solution_on_a
_Complex_Network.html but it doesn't work with me, I can't set a
specific ISA to be the last resort for the whole network; each subnet
has its requirements and I have more than one ISP, the exchange doesn't
have an option where the user can say direct the SMTP traffic to this
specific IP (but not the smart host), and of course I can't set the ISA
as the GW of the exchange because its on a different subnet, what am I
missing here?

Another thing is I placed an ISA on the same subnet of the exchange
temporarily, the following is the configuration:

ISA: 2 NICs:

1-       Internal 10.92.60.20 ; DMZ: 200.200.200.194 for example

Exchange: 1 NIC:

1-       10.92.60.4

Untrust : 200.200.200.208

Exchange public IPs:

1-       200.200.200.195

2-       200.200.200.196

I have not tried this but I assume if I assign the exchange IPs as
multiple IP addresses for the ISA DMZ interface and publish the exchange
things will work fine, is this correct?

Currently I had to publish the email through hardware firewalls.

Thanks for any help

r.