RE: Publishing Exchange through ISA on a complex ne twork,

  • From: TRadtke@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:33:03 -0600

Jim is right.  Routers are designed to ignore traffic that they should not
be seeing.  Also, traffic generated on a network segment that is not in the
network class as another machine will also be ignored.  A box of
10.100.100.1 and a box on 192.168.100.1 will not talk even if they have a
crossover cable plugged into them if TCP/IP is the only protocol stack
running on it.

Or you have a custom written TCP/IP stack, and with that case both us and an
ISA server are of no help to you.  And I'd be surprised that any of your
equipment would be working at all.  You might as well be running IPX/SPX
with a translational bridge then.

I'd suggest a basic networking book from Cisco as a good place to start....

Good luck with that....

Troy