[isalist] Publishing Exchange 2007 on ISA 2006

  • From: Rob Moore <RMoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:40:49 -0500

Hello all-

I'm trying to get Exchange 2007 published on my ISA 2006 Standard server
(SP1). For reference I'm using the article at
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb794751.aspx.

I've run into a problem. I guess it's some interaction between the
Exchange server and ISA, but I'm not positive, and I'm not sure where to
look. We have to coexist with our existing Exchange 2003 server, so that
complicates things a bit.

Internal OWA DNS points to our Exch07 Hub server. The Hub server then
determines if the client is on our Exch03 server or our Exch07 server,
and it directs them to the appropriate site. That part works fine.

Externally, our OWA DNS points to our ISA server. Exch03 clients get in
just fine. Exch07 clients get the authentication box (we've tried it
with both integrated authentication and with forms authentication).
After correctly entering credentials, we get a 403 Forbidden error
message.

We are currently set up NOT to encrypt traffic between ISA and the Hub
server, but we've also tried it with encrypting that traffic.

What are we missing? Is there a better resource to use for publishing
Exchange 2007 on ISA 2006?

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Moore