Proxy upgrade

  • From: "Iain Peirse" <Iain.Peirse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:36:10 +0100

Hi,
I've got an install to do at the weekend, replacing a Proxy 2 server.
The company use Proxy client and have quite an extensive internally
routed WAN.
I've seen the Proxy 2 client work with an ISA server.
Am I right that the Proxy 2 client uses port 80, ISA client uses 8080?
Will the Proxy 2 client reconfigure itself for a change of port if the
ISA server replaces the Proxy 2 server on the same IP address?

If not does anyone have any ideas how I an avoid (in the short term)
visiting every machine? Change the port on the ISA server?

Many thanks,
Iain.