[isalist] Proxy Service stopping

  • From: "Peter Hotchkiss" <peter.hotchkiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 15:22:05 -0400

Sorry didn't mean to jump into this thread,  new subject.

On 5/8/06, Peter Hotchkiss <peter.hotchkiss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've have an ongoing problem with ISA 2004 SP1 on a Network Engines 6300 appliance. Consistently on Friday evening around 10 pm. The proxy service stops and we reboot (probably could restart the service) to resolve the problem. The following error is the event log.

"The Web Proxy filter failed to bind its socket to 10.2.0.3 port 8080.
This may have been caused by another service that is already using the same
port or by a network adapter that is not functional. To resolve this issue,
restart the Microsoft Firewall service. The error code specified in the data
area of the event properties indicates the cause of the failure."  Event ID
14148

Everything I found on this error indicates another service using port 8080
but I can't find anything on the firewall that is.

Any ideas?

Thanks
 Peter Hotchkiss