[isalist] Re: Problems with VPN from a VISTA client

  • From: "Dan Bartley" <bartleyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 15:09:21 -0500

I could be wrong in interpreting this, but...

You only set Use Remote Default Gateway for a VPN if you are trying to
prevent Internet access through the NIC on the client while connected to
the VPN, which without some static routes on the remote end means no
Internet while connected to the VPN. At least in RRAS on a network using
a different switch or firewall from the VPN server for external access,
I'm not sure if you can even do the static route on ISA to allow a route
back out the external interface. Setting Default Gateway will have no
effect on the VPN traffic either way, as Thor said, that is routed
through the IP of the VPN interface.

Best Regards,

Dan Bartley