[isalist] Re: Problems with VPN from a VISTA client

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 20:07:14 -0800

It's not broken, just different.

From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of William Holmes
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 1:53 PM
To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [isalist] Problems with VPN from a VISTA client

Hello,

I know this is slightly off topic but...... I am having trouble
connecting to my ISA 2004 server from my Vista Client. I have the
connection configured to use the default gateway on the remote network.
However the default route for the (VPN PPP) adapter is never set. The
adapter is assigned a IP address and a Network Mask but no default
route. Under Windows XP a default route is assigned to the adapter so IP
traffic can flow. I have never had any trouble with my XP clients.

Can anyone explain to me how to fix this problem. Not being able to use
VPN networks is a real problem.

This is Windows Visa Ultimate. Connecting to ISA2004. XP clients work
fine.

Thanks

Bill