RE: Problems convince my sales staff to recomend ISA

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 01:58:21 -0600

Hi Bjornar,

Some more things to consider:

1)    Ease of use. Many of the other products like CheckPoint are too complex
to configure and although ISA probably cannot be described as easy to configure
beyond the basics it is definitely better than the others. In my opinion the
more complicated a Firewall is to configure the more holes/mistakes you are
likely to have.

2)    Combined Caching and Firewall.

3)    Ability to use existing User ID's & Groups (in W2K) for restricting
access to web sites etc (There is only one other product on the market that can
do this with W2K)

4)    VPN built-in, even without a current requirement for this I consider it a
major benefit.

5)    H-323 GateKeeper built in. This can give huge cost savings over
conventional Video Conferencing so. Again even without a current requirement
for this I consider it a major benefit.

6) Link translation with FP1

7) Exchange RPC publishing -- get that to work with a PIX :-)

8) Secure OWA publishing and OWA Wizard with FP1

9) SMTP filter and Message Screener built in

10) Centralized policy and caching arrays and NLB

11) VPN Wizards that make configuring VPN Server and VPN gateways very easy

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder