Problem Loading Web Filter

  • From: "William Holmes" <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:16:47 -0400

Hello,

I have a Web Filter that I would like to load into ISA. Using the following
procedure (install.js script):

var fpcRoot = new ActiveXObject("FPC.Root");
var fpcArray = fpcRoot.GetContainingArray();
var fpcExtensions = fpcArray.Extensions;
var fpcWebFilters = fpcExtensions.WebFilters;
var fpcWebFilter =
fpcWebFilters.Add("{677D9F85-2427-4216-8EB4-6CAA6CFDFAD6}", "CUWebAuth",
"CUWebAuth.dll", 2, 1);
fpcWebFilter.Description = "Enables Authentication via CUWebAuth";
fpcWebFilter.Vendor = "Cornell University";
fpcWebFilter.Version = "1.2.0.0";
fpcWebFilter.Enabled = true;
fpcWebFilters.Save(true);

Generates the following Event Log Error:

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Microsoft ISA Server Web Proxy
Event Category: None
Event ID:       14146
Date:           5/16/2005
Time:           11:18:38 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       INB-WEB1
ISA Server failed to load Web Filter DLL C:\Program Files\Microsoft ISA
Server\\CUWebAuth.dll.

Data:
0000: 7e 00 00 00               ~...

The filter was origionally written for IIS. I was hoping I could load in on
ISA as that's where I want to handle my authentication.

Thanks

Bill