[isalist] Re: Problem Connecting to Outlook Anywhere

  • From: Rob Moore <RMoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 15:49:10 -0500

Hello all-

Obviously, it's taken me a while to work some more on this. But I have. The
first thing I tried was connecting Outlook over RPC internally (that is, not
through the firewall, just on the LAN). I configured the Outlook client and
then looked at its connection status. What I found is that I'm getting RPC
connection to the Exchange server, but the connection to the DC is over TCP/IP.
Is that the root of why I can't connect over RPC externally? And what would
cause the DC communication to be over TCP/IP? Is there something I need to
configure on my DCs?

Thanks,
Rob