RE: Post Scanning ISA Server

  • From: "Stefaan Pouseele" <stefaan.pouseele@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:01:02 +0100

Hi Tom,

maybe somewhat of topic, but following newspost can be usefull.

Regards,
Stefaan

Hi,

there is a simple free program called 'Attacker  v3.0' from Foundstone you
can use for it. Basically you can tell it on which UDP/TCP it must listen
and give an alert when a connection attempt has been received. For more info
goto http://www.foundstone.com/knowledge/free_tools.html and select
Intrusion Detection.

Hope this helps,
Stefaan

"Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Telnet server only listens on port 23.
> The telnet client app is a useful TCP-only troubleshooting too because you
can tell it what port to use.
> Whatever port you're trying to test through ISA has to have something
listening on that port at the other end.