Possible to setup Message Screener on a system that already has G FI ME on it.

  • From: Nicholas Palmer <NICK@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:51:11 -0700

Hi all,

I've currently got ISA on one box, GFI ME 8 on a separate box, and my
Exchange 5.5 server on another box.  I want to use the ISA message filter to
remove any emails that have .exe's in them.  So I understand that I have to
install the Message screener on a separate box that has IIS SMTP on it (I
don't have the IIS SMTP feature on my ISA box).  Is there any problem with
putting Message Screener on my box that already has GFI ME on it ?

It seems to me that I've already got all the network configuration necessary
to support the Message Screener done when I setup GFI ME, but I don't know
if GFI ME and the Message Screener will behave together.

Thanks
Nick.

Nicholas Palmer
KCI Computing, Inc.