[isalist] Re: Possible to Filter inbound publishing rules by source (remote) IP?

  • From: "Joe Pochedley" <joepochedley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 13:32:57 -0400

Hahah... Thanks, Jim.

FWIW, the computer set worked flawlessly.  Now all the SMTP connections
from others who aren't supposed to be sending us SMTP mail are blocked
at the FW.

In watching the firewall log now, I can easily pick out all the SMTP
traffic that's not supposed to come through...  Never ceases to amaze
how these connections from various DHCP pools (DSL, cable, whatever)  at
carriers in Brazil, Tiawan, etc are just spewing this stuff out...  All
the wasted bandwidth and zombiefied PC's.... *sigh*

Joe P