Re: Possible problem with Jim's Client Article #1

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 06:18:57 -0700

Sorry; i don't know where "John" came from...
This is what happens when I try to think and type at the same time...

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org
  Read the help / books / articles!

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:50:28 +0200
 "William Robertson" <robertson.william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

Thanks for the feedback Jim. Although the downside to this config change is
as you say: I need to define rules based on IP as well as FQDN, bit in my
case that's not a huge trainsmash as I have a WEB Filter (SurfControl) which
I use to do most of my serious ALLOW/DENY rules based on websites.

Thanks for your help, as always, it is much appreciated.

Cheers
William R.

PS. I know that in the States Bill is a shortform of William, but is John
also "aliased" to William? Sorry, just trying to broaden my social
engineering skills... :)