[isalist] Re: Ports for video calls

  • From: Rob Moore <RMoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:00:08 -0400

Sure, such as they are.

What he says is:
VidyoPortal Specific Ports utilized
Inbound TCP Port 2222 ssh, Server Maintenance (Internal Use Only, DO NOT open
public)Inbound TCP Port 80 Web Access to VidyoPortal

Inbound TCP Port 443 Secure Web Access to VidyoPortal

Inbound TCP Port 10000 Client Connection to VidyoPortal Application Server

Inbound TCP Port 50000 Client Connection to VidyoRouter

UDP 50,000-65,535 Media feeds to/from participants (6 ports per participant)
NOTE: At this time the VidyoPortal Opens all UDP ports dynamically based on STUN
communication between Client and Server so there is no need to open specific UDP
ports on the firewall as long as ports in this range can be dynamically opened.

Inbound TCP Port 3306 Middleware DB Port on VidyoPortal
(only needed open if supporting external standalone VidyoRouter(s) across
NAT/FW)

UDP Timeout Change from Default (i.e. 0:02:00 2 minutes) to something larger
(i.e. 3:00:00 - 3 hrs)

Thanks,
Rob