Re: Port Issue

  • From: <tomerm1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:35:09 -0500

Mark,

The problem is packet filtering. The protocol rule you created will work for
Firewall clients only. If you want a client without installing the firewall
software, you will have to use this client as SecureNAT client. Make sure the
computers you want to have access to this application are pointing to the ISA
as their default gateway. (or eventually routed to the ISA) Then you will need
to enable packet filtering and create a packet filter rule to allow your
clients (by IP only) to access those particular ports.  That will make them
secureNat clients and will be able to run this app.

Tom

> From: "Kingery, Mark" <Mark.Kingery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2002/03/29 Fri AM 10:46:50 EST
> To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [isalist] Port Issue
>
> http://www.ISAserver.org
>

> I have users on my network who need to connect to a IBM websphere
> application on the Internet.  The application uses TCP port 8999 inbound and
> outbound for authenication it also uses TCP port 30861 inbound and outbound
> to run the web based client app.
>
> The things I have done is this.
>
> I created protocols for TCP ports 8999 and 30861, allowed these users to
> pass throught the firewall using a protocol rule defining these ports for
> the questioned users.
>
> My end result is that I cannot get the user to connect unless I have them
> run the firewall client.  I do not want this.
>
> Any help here to what I might need to do.
>
> Mark

Title: Port Issue