RE: Port 80 in use

  • From: "Thomas W. Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:46:50 -0500

Hi Jim,

The Incoming Web Requests Listener uses TCP 80 on the external interface
of the ISA Server. ISA Server also uses TCP 80 on the internal interface
to publish Autodiscovery information. If you need to use port 80 on the
internal interface, you change turn off publishing Autodiscovery
information, or change the port number used to publish this information.
Note that if you change the port number, you will not be able to use DNS
to provide the WPAD alias to the internal network clients.

HTH,
Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder

Thomas W Shinder, M.D., MCSE, MCT