Port 80 in use

  • From: jimc@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:08:02 -0600

Over the weekend I was practicing setting up the our ISA server....which
is hopefully going to replace our hardware firewall.  I got as far as
configuring the outbound access when I had to quit I shut the machine down
and removed it from the network ( disconnected from the LAN and the WAN
and reconnected our firewall.
This morning, I had a report that a remote user could not access email
thru WebAccess.  I went to IIS manageron our exchange (5.5) server and
discovered that the default web site was stopped.  When I tried to start
it, I got an "address in use" message. Q261194 in the KB says that there
is another service or app listening or using port 80.  As instructed, I
downloaded and ran Foundstone's utility....which did not come up with port
80 at all.  Anybody help me out with this?