RE: Perimeter Network Routing Problems...

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 07:55:56 -0400

That leads me back to the original question...  How do you get those
ranges to work?

The closest I came to getting it working was like this:

The webcam subnet is 172.16.16.x.

I set the IP on "our" side of it to 17.16.0.2, and the IP on the ISA
server to 172.16.0.1.

I changed the subnet mask to 255.255.0.0 on both the ISA server and the
other network.  This set the routing correctly within the server itself.

I made sure the entire 17.16.x.x subnet was defined for that network
within ISA.

Still no go, I could contact 17.16.0.2, but no further, nothing on the
17.16.16.x subnet would respond.  Checking the logs within ISA showed
them being routed correctly to that network, but nothing would respond.

Definitely a routing problem somewhere, but not sure where...