Re: Pass the Client IP address for Web Publishing Rules

  • From: "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 11:44:27 -0800

Hi Tiago,
If your using ASP then you can use the request.someobject to retreive the
URL, REFERER, COUNTRY and all those things specific to your web pages. The
only thing that they will not contain is the IP address of the calling web
site. Espeically when using web publishing.  I have found that it really
dosent' make that much difference since one of the only reports that you
won't be able to do based on web hits is the IP address. All the other
reports work quite well.

I like keeping the two seperate anyway. However, once both logs are in a
database you can join the two tables if needed to get the type of report
your looking for.

Joseph