Packet Filtering not working?

  • From: "Lloyd Ardoin" <lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 05:29:50 -0600

Trying to expose WEB,DNS and SMTP on a tri-homed ISA in the DMZ. I have
created packet filters for all three. I have packet filtering and ip
forwarding enabled on the packet filter properties. The filters have the
external interface of the ISA and the corresponding interface of the PC in
the DMZ. I can verify the service from ISA to the DMZ by telnetting to
port 80 for example and get a connection. This does not work from outside
the external interface of the ISA server. The log shows the outside
connection attempt being blocked???? The filter is set for 'any' outside
connection. I have shutdown the box down and restarted with the same
results. What have I missed? Any comments would be appreciated.
thanks,
LA