RE: Packet Filter question

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 11:04:07 -0500

Hi Shane,

Remember that packet filters do NOT control inbound and outbound access
to and from the internal network. They do control access to the ISA
firewall itself and to any directly connected public address segments.

After you create the packet filter using the Wizard, open the properties
of the packet filter and you'll see that you have the option to add a
range of computers. If a single network ID doesn't match the range, you
can create multiple packet filters for the same protocol but with
different ranges. All the packet filters will be applied.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder