Re: Packet Filter Interface ISA 2000

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 06:39:11 -0700

Hi Joe,

It's sorta "hidden" in the "Packet Filter log fields" explaination:
"Interface IP address (interface) Interface on which the packet was received;
usually only one interface."

It apparenly uses the default IP on a given interface for this field (try it on
a DMZ segment).

I'll get this added to http://support.microsoft.com/?id=284818.

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org
  Read the help / books / articles!

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 06:01:56 -0700
 "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi All,

I've been watching and working with the logs for awhile and recently I've
noticed that
when you have 2 IP address assigned to the incoming listener such as
192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2
as examples, all the entries in the packet filter log list as the 10
Interface IP address (s-interface) Interface on which the packet was
received; usually only one interface.

The first IP of 192.168.0.1.  So, I created some test packet filters on the
second interface (192.168.
0.2) to see if those would be logged and nope there not.  So, could someone
please show me where it's documented, which interface is supposed to log in
the packet filter section?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/isa/isalogfields_8okz.asp

Thank you,

Joseph