PPTP with ISA Server

  • From: "Taylor" <wtdrisco@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 06:56:26 -0700

I am trying to activate PPTP access through an ISA server to another
company's server.  I have 2 current IP Packet Filters for allow PPTP (VPN
filtering to allow PPTP packets on client and server side.  Filter type is
PPTP CALL for client, and PPTP RECEIVE for server.   Protocol 47,
direction both.  On the VPN settings, the Networking Tab setting is "Type
of VPN server I am calling" is set to Point to Point Tunneling Protocol
(PPTP).  It starts connecting to the address, and then after 30 seconds, I
get the following message:  Error 678: There was no answer.  The IP
address is correct.  I am assuming that my IP Filters (in ISA) are not set
correctly.  Any ideas for this novice?

Thanks