PPPoE stops IP routing

  • From: "Gary Anderson" <gary.anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:27:07 +0100

Has anyone ever see this?  ISA is running fine with two NICs - Internal and
External.  Install PPPoE on External.  This makes the IP address on the
External NIC 0.0.0.0.  The PPPoE connectiod is setup.  It connects; no
problem.  Try to ping Yahoo from an internal SecureNAT client: traffic
blocked.  The log message is "internal IP  Yahoo  ICMP 8 0 Blocked Dialout".
"Dialout" is the actual wording in the log.  I don't have connectoid called
Dialout.

This is one a test platform.  I've wiped everything out and reinstalled with
the same result.  What's strange is that it works fine without the PPPoE
connection.

Anyone have any ideas?
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Anderson;Gary;;Mr.
FN:Gary Anderson
TEL;HOME;VOICE:(33)(0)1.30.57.26.56
TEL;CELL;VOICE:(33)(0)6.11.71.07.04
TEL;HOME;FAX:(33)(0)1.30.57.54.22
ADR;HOME:;;9, rue Igor Stravinsky;Guyancourt;;F78280;France
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:9, rue Igor Stravinsky=0D=0AGuyancourt
F78280=0D=0AFrance
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:gary.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx
REV:20010506T111808Z
END:VCARD